PREPARE YOURSELF FOR CLAT
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is conducted by consortium of National Law Universities (22). Being the nation’s most competitive law entrance exam, clearing it makes you eligible for admission into the five-year integrated program in law and for LLB and LLM. Undoubtedly, CLAT exam is difficult to crack, but with proper guidance and preparation strategy, you should be able to secure a seat in the best National Law Universities of India and many other government and private top ranking colleges. Here are steps to guide you.
KNOW THE EXAM PATTERN AND SYLLABUS
First, you must familiarize yourself with the CLAT exam structure and syllabus.
- CLAT is a comprehensive exam. It will evaluate your aptitude for law through a variety of sections: General Knowledge, English, Logical Reasoning, Legal Aptitude and Maths.
- CLAT exam is conducted for both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Hence, the exam pattern varies a little in terms of difficulty and number of questions. For undergraduate program exam, there are 150 questions and for postgraduate program exam, there are 120 questions, and it will require more knowledge of legal laws. The table below will give you a fair idea about the weightage of sections.
- 1 English including Comprehension ————28-32
- 2 General Knowledge and Current Affairs—- 35-39
- 3 Legal Reasoning———————————- 35-39
- 4 Logical Reasoning———————————- 28-32
- 5 Quantitative Techniques———————— 13-17
CREATE A STUDY PLAN
Now, you are well equipped with the required details of the exam. Take a sample paper and analyze your stronger and weaker areas. Make a comprehensive study plan, allotting adequate amount of time to each section. Work on your weaker areas to get a strong hold on them and brush up your stronger areas. Regularly review the topics and concepts, to retain the vital information.
MOCK TESTS AND ANALYSIES
Practicing and solving a lot of mocks and practice tests will help you build up your speed and your ability to solve the questions. Mock tests will also familiarize you with the exam environment and the type of situation you might face. Analyzing your mocks thoroughly, will help you to develop exam taking strategy specific to you.
During this entire process, you may not require assistance. But if you feel that you are not comfortable with the sections and have doubts regarding the topics and concepts, do not shy away from taking coaching. You can seek online coaching or an offline one, according to your preference. Self- study clubbed with coaching will help you ace the test with excellence.
Acing the CLAT exam requires a considerable amount of commitment and effort, as lakhs of students appear for the exam, working hard for getting into the top universities. Consistently, adhering to planned study regimen, revising and practicing will give you an edge over others.
Self-study is still crucial, even if you choose a professional coaching centre. There isn’t a secret recipe that ensures exam success. Everything comes through practice. In order to succeed, practice what you are taught in class often and engage in independent study whenever you have free time. Self-study can result in more engaged learning, higher comprehension, more self-assurance, and active learning.
Keep in mind that studying for the CLAT demands considerable commitment and effort. You can ace the test with flying colours by consistently adhering to a well-planned study regimen and revising and practising frequently.